1st pregnancy and need some help please!

I'm just about to be 23 weeks and I heard/read in the second trimester the frequency in unrination goes pretty much back to normal...but it's total opposite for me! I'm sorry TMI but I'm going almost every 15 min. I know I don't have an infection, no smell, sting, burn, fever. Is it possible for my baby to be already resting on my bladder which I thought didn't happen until later in pregnancy? And is there any relief to my runs to the bathroom every 15 min?

blueangel916

Asked by blueangel916 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• idk where you read that things go back to normal ever in a pregnancy other than not feeling super sick.... but yes, your ability to hold pee in your bladder will continue to decrease as you get further along. no relief, really. keep the bathroom near.

you could buy depends! lol

comes with the pregnancy territory.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• yeah, just like they say when you are pregnant you have that glow, i had pimples, and they say in your 3rd trimester you get a boost of energy...ha. I don't know where you read that, but your going to continue to be a pee pee queen.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• agreed with both of them and just because your not stinging burning or smelling you could still have a uti i had one and didnt even know i had it till the doctor told me i did so dont rely on that ask your doctor and regardless you will be peeing alot untill you have the baby and if you havent gotten the sneeze/cough and pee at the same time yet get ready cause that will be happening soon
    Anonymous

• Could be the positioning of the baby. I'm carrying this baby very very low and I've never had any releive in the having to pee constantly!! I get up to pee AT LEAST 4-5 times a night. Of course I'm really thirsty at night and drink alot of water(I have a cup by my bed). If you're carrying low, then the baby is always on your bladder. I'm in my 7th month now, and there are times I feel him ROLL on my bladder and I have to run to the bathroom! Sometimes I feel like I have to pee so bad and I go to pee and it's just "drip drip" b/c it's just he pressure of him on my bladder.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Get checked like the other mentioned, because that often is something your doctor needs to know about. I've been pregnant 4 times and I never (not even at the end) peed that often. I am now in my second tri and I still pee more often than normal. It does NOT go back to normal until after you have the baby.
    Anonymous

• I don't know who wrote that but it's WRONG! The more prego you get the more pressure is on your bladder.....just wait till the baby drops lol. I was going like every 5 minutes by the time my twins were delivered but I also drank A LOT of water to stay hydrated so....

It comes with bein prego mama...it's not forever you'll survive :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010