any one know how to relieve sciatic nerve pain?

i am 22 weeks pregnant and have been having sciatic nerve pain for a couple months now and it is getting worse, i tried stretching, yoga exercises, heating pad, and laying in bed and nothing works, even had my bf try to massage but nothing is helping and its to the point im in tears. anyone know what helps?

jayde08

Asked by jayde08 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Chiropractor!!

I had severe siatic pain with both my pregnancies. During my second pregnancy I went to a chiropractor and after just 2 appointments I was no longer in pain.
    Anonymous

• thanks ill try that, need something to work or im gonna end up not being able to get out of bed
    jayde08

Answer by jayde08 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Massage therapy. Make sure it is an RMT and that he/she has been trained to work on pregnant women.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I had this with my son and a support pregnancy belt can help among all the other things you tried and a chiropractor. Make sure you keep good posture and bend down properly. I had a job that required bending down alot and that seemed to trigger it.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• yeah i work at target and that requires alot of bending among other things, my dr has already told them i cannot be bending kneeling or anything and that it would be best to be on register but they do not seem to care or plan to put me on a register. i plan to try chiropractor when i have the money but with only getting 10 hours a week from work it is really tight with money and not being able to stay my shift isnt helping
    jayde08

Answer by jayde08 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Chiropractor is amazing for me too!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2010