can you get lipstick out of a blouse if it has been washed & line dried?

bowiegirl

Asked by bowiegirl at 11:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, you can. I know from experience. I left a tube of lipstick in a pocket of my scrubs I wear for work. It got all over every set of scrubs i owned and I did not discover it until after I had dried the load in the dryer.
    I will assume the blouse will not shrink. Lipstick is wax based so you will need to boil some water to help lift the lipstick out. Pour liquid detergent on the stain allow it to soak in. Next submerge the blouse in a bucket of the boil water. After it has cooled wash it in your washing machine in the hottest water you can. Repeat the procedure until the lipstick lifts out of your blouse.
    BTW - I have done this more than once with work uniforms. I have also learned how to get in out of clothes.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010