How can you anonymously tip the cops to a drug house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• call the police station and tell them you know that there is heavy traffic to the house. Tell them you want to remain anonymous. They should have no problem granting your wish. They will probably have the narcotics unit check it out. You may not even know that they are watching or could be watching already.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Most places have Crimestoppers - you can call them anon and give them any info you wish. Just don't expect an immediate response, like a raid or something. They'll likely have a list of places they are looking into...I know where I live we have tons of grow houses and such and our drug unit is busy full time investigating and busting them.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• call the cops and say these people are selling drugs and they should ask whos calling and say im a anonymous call or you could even say hi im a anonymous caller and i thought you guys should know that people at address is selling drugs and they wont ask you for your name or nothin good luck
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 11:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• There is really no true anonymity when it comes to calling the cops, just fyi
    Anonymous

• Actually there is. If you're that paranoid about it call from a payphone or an unlisted cell phone. But they won't try to track down a tipster for a drug house, what would be the point? The person can't be charged and is useless for court if they don't want to cooperate.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Stash house or a house that is selling small quantities out of it? Go to a payphone, give the cops or the feds "full" discription and explain why you do not want to be I.D.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 6:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I actually DID this a couple of years ago when I got FED UP with my next door neighbors! Drug dealers and Addicts were coming and going all day and night and then the fights would start. I just called 911 and told them exactly what I saw and heard, I new ALL their names b/c they weren't allowed inside their house without saying who they were. I just told 911 that , no, they could NOT know my name, they should just GET HERE NOW! And they DID. They found drugs on men OUTSIDE the home, so that gave them " Probable Cause " to enter. BUSTED. The house was empty from then on. If you KNOW this is happening ( ME ANYWAY ) I felt it was my DUTY TO REPORT IT> Good Luck And no, I was never asked to testify.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You can tip the cops to almost anything.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my husband is a cop, just call them. they won't go blurting out to the neighbors that it was you who called.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010