Not sure where to ask this question...

Not sure where to ask this question, so I am just gonna ask it here seems how my son is a year old. Please don't judge me, just offer any advice you have. My house for the past year has been over run with NASTY roaches! I have tried everything I know to do to get rid of them, and it seems the more I try the less I succeed. My house is not always spotless, but it is no where near nasty and messy. I always have toys everywhere and clothes but other than that thats it. I try to keep up on all laundry, keeps clutter down anywhere and everywhere but that doesn't seem to help either. I haven't tried the walmart brand roach bombs yet, but am going to as soon as I get my tax return due to the fact that I want one for every room in the house...which is about 8. We have tried sprays, powders and som home remedies and nothing seems to work. Please offer any advice. I don't want my son growing up in a home like. It breaks my heart :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aww! My heart goes out to you. If I were in your situation, I would use the tax money to call in a professional. It would definitely be worth what ever the cost is. Then ask about what you can do to insure that this doesn't happen again. They can give you lots of really great advice. And just make sure that no food is left out, dirty dishes and things are put away before you go to bed, and try to use a sanitizer to clean cabinets off throughout the day. Roaches don't like clean areas... But if they are the big wood roaches, then you might ask the exterminator what to do about those... Good luck!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 11:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree with calling a professional...we had a problem similar to that before we had kids and its just a matter of the house not being properly sealed and the right man for the job. we had someone come spray and set traps, then he sprayed around the house which kept any type of bug out for up to 10 feet...........if you rent, you should let your landlord know the situation
    chaoshappens

Answer by chaoshappens at 11:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Best thing would be to call someone in to spray! Most guarantee their work and it will be more worth your money to get the pro in!
    casdai

Answer by casdai at 11:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• choashappens: how much did it cost for you to have a professional come out?
    Anonymous

• My friend had a horrid roach problem and TRIED EVERYTHING and they wouldn't go away. She had to call an exterminator and they came to her house a total of like 3 times (all in the original plan) and they are GONE!! So rather than spend money first trying to do it yourself and failing and then calling an exterminator, I think you should call the professionals for the beginning like pp said.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I had roaches some years ago and while I was in Wal-mart trying to decipher the different poisons for them a man came up to me and told me that he bought and sold houses regularly and they often had roach infestations. His recommendation was COMBAT gel. It is in what looks like a large plastic syringe. It cost more than I was willing to pay and I got something different. My stuff didn't work, the next time I got the COMBAT gel and it worked VERY quickly. The trick though is to not follow the directions on the tube (it says to put more out when what is already there is gone or drying out) I reapplied it every 3 or 4 days for awhile and NO MORE ROACHES! Hope this helps, good luck. (=
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2010