Help Please!

What kind of questions should i ask potential babysitters. I already know they are CPR and First Aid certified.
Obviously I will ask about their experience.
But what else?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would obtain a blank copy of a background check form. lots of EXCELLENT questions right there. plus if they appear nervous about filling it out. you KNOW they are no good. i also agree with the PP. ask them DIFFICULT questions.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• How would you react if you were helping one child in the bathroom and the other is playing in his room and jumps off the bed and hits his head?
    How do you react when you ask...(child's name) to pick up his toy and he throws it at your head?

--

I think it is important to ask questions about how she would react to different situations. I would think of some pretty horrible sounding ones, to see how she thinks on her feet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes you need to do situational tests to see if they can handle things without your assistance, and that they will call you if it is needed. I would also make sure the situations pertain to your kids and how they tend to act away from you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• If they are teenagers, I'd want to know if they would text a lot while watching your children, if they'd have their boyfriend or friends over. Knowing a little bit of how they were raised and what their parents expect would help.

If they are older, the above wouldn't really apply, but as other say you should ask situational questions.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 8:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2010