Question...?????....

Why is it so easy to find a job when you have a job? I have been looking to get back into work and there are plenty of places hiring, just not hiring me. I have tons of experience, so why not me? I'm kinda hurt, lol..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• how long have you been OUT of work? and how old are you?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Well I have only been out a lil over a year. I had to quit where I was after three and half years, bc I had to take care of my mom and I was preggo and I was under way to much stress..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It's a bad economy right now..that could be adding to your bad luck. I know this won't really "help" but I am a big believer in everything happening for a reason. The right job for you will come along and you will be available to take it since you haven't been able to get hired yet....KWIM? GL...don't get discouraged mama...it'll come :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home with an amazing team of Moms. We help people create income from home. Check my website out if you're interested.

Best Wishes!
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't like tryin the work at home jobs I have recent expeirence that was one a scam an two to many hidden costs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation

• Yes have you ever thought about working from home and having your own business? I love mine
    Check out my web site at

www.bka250.com
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I had that problem to I think its due to so many people being out of work everyone is looking. That's why I started my home business. They aren't all scams...if you are looking at jobs and they charge a fee it is a scam if it is a home business there will be fee's.

What works for one doesn't work for all though. I started working from home 4 yrs ago and I wouldn't have it any other way I don't have parties or inventory its just my phone internet and me :-). Good luck in your search!

Blessings

~Linda

http://iboplus.com/lhink
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 11:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Want to make an extra $1-$5k/ month. What if I told you you could make $20K/ per month? People are already doing it and this company just joined forces with well known marketing guru. So the money can only get better.

This company has grown 349% since OCT 2009 and is with this new partnership it can only get better.

I am involved in this awesome company. It offers many nutritional and weight loss products to help you get healthy. The best part is that you can join the company and make money from your living room. This is like no other company you have ever joined. Everyone involved is like a family. We want to see you succeed and will help you every step of the way. Check it out and if you have any questions let me know

www.jointnt.com/nicolemuschett
    www.trumpnetwork.com/nicolemuschett
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010