the book of Job

Have you ever had a time in your life where this book has inspired you? I can never quite get this book in hard times

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• right now actually. I'm going through a really tough time and his strength and endurance really inspires me and keeps me a bit grounded knowing that if he went through worse than what i'm going through, then I know that I can make it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes, when my mother died, and then 5 weeks later my grandmother died. I couldn't understand why God was doing this to me. But then when you read about how Job was so faithful even when he had such tremendous hardships, I realized that it's not God who is doing this to me, but rather it's just that we will endure pain in this life. It's after this life that we will have complete peace and comfort and happiness. We must be faithful even in hard times and always turn to God for guidance and obey Him.
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 3:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I fully agree with mugsymommy
    kalada

Answer by kalada at 4:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes, this book takes up two important questions: Why do the innocent suffer? Why does God permit wickedness in the earth? We have the record of Job’s suffering and his great endurance for our consideration in answering these questions. It has all been written down, just as Job requested. - Job 19:23, 24.
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 4:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPg3kjKBRc&feature=player_embedded GO HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMMS UP THE JOB STORY...

"The only lesson I can gather from the story of Job is that he was a pawn in a cosmic pissing match between God and the Devil. Had this actually happened, I would have been disgusted, but luckily it’s just your typical desert people myth. Man with lots of wealth gets screwed over but keeps on believing in God. The lesson: don’t expect to have a good life even if you are devout. What a fair deal, no?"

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes. God doesn't promise our lives will be a 'bed of roses'. Christians will forever be persecuted. The true test is how we keep our faith during times of trials.
    We must praise God even in the storm!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I tend to read more pslams and proverbs in hard times because i feel uplifted and encouraged. BUT it does make me realize that it can be SO MUCH WORSE and there is NEVER a reason to dismiss or blaspheme the Lord because you are suffering. Turn to him, because this world is a temporary home
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010