when three or more are praying

I hear this passage often about three people praying and the Lord is listening.

I would like the actual book and chapter if anyone has it please. Does this mean if only one person is praying the Lord is not listening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, that scripture is taken out of context big time. You have to read the WHOLE chapter to understand what it's actually talking about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think its Matthew (New Test) 21:17 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 1:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• All that scripture is saying is that a congregation can be any size no matter how big or small.
    kalada

Answer by kalada at 4:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Matthew 18:20.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

---------------
    Within context it means just what it says. The entire chapter talks about the humility and trust we must have in order to enter Heaven, our relationship to our brothers and sisters in Christ, how we are to handle offenses, God's desire to save the lost,and forgiveness. There are many verses that can be cross-referenced that underscore the principles laid down by the Lord in this Chapter- the book of Ephesians,1st,2nd,and 3rd John are great places to start.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." ~Matthew 18:19-20
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• GOD is always listening just because you cant get you prayer request right then and there doesnt mean hes not working towards it but you have to act in faith and not sit around waiting for the clouds to open up cause it will never happen that way.
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 1:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010