Any ideas on how to raise money for in vetro?

I am 23 years old. I am a person that is fundraising, volunteering, or helping out those in need. I am an EMT. In my spare time I volunteer at the local fire department. When I was 15 I was raped. When I was 16 I was kicked out of my house. When I was 18 I was told that I wouldn't be able to have children due to the rape. I was devasted. I had a desire to have children, but thought it wasn't in the cards for me. Recently I became pregnant. I thought, "There really are miracles." Three days into knowing that I was pregnant, I found out it was an ectopic pregnancy (in the tube). I was sad, but I still had hope. They said I couldn't have children. I went for a follow up and they told me that my other fallopian tube was in such bad shape that it had to be removed. Now, the only way for me to get pregnant is with in vetro? It's costly and my income as an EMT it's near impossible to raise the money. Any good fundraising ideas?

Natasha3334

Asked by Natasha3334 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• so you lost both fallopian tubes? where is your partner in all this? and honey, how MUCH testing have they actually done? or did they just give you the GO AWAY answers?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would see a fertility specialist first before giving up all hope, and you can always babysit, sell stuff on ebay, I dunno there might be more but my brain hurts today. Good luck and make sure you have truly exhausted all hope of conception naturally.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Are you wanting to become a parent, or are you wanting to become pregnant? Just because you haven't been able to conceive doesn't mean you can't have a child. What about adoption? Or fostering-to-adopt is free if you do it through CPS. What better way to help a person in need?
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 11:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2010