soda? how can i stop?

I am like addicted to soda, honestly it's all i ever drink and all i ever want to drink. it has gotten really bad in the last few months. i need help trying to stop. any idea?

Brianna-Ravae

Asked by Brianna-Ravae at 2:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would try weaning by switching to Hansen's soda. It's aspartame free but still carbonated. I like it just as much as soda. You can also try getting those crystal light packets to put in water. I drink 1 soda a day, sometimes two. I
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I quit drinking soda a month ago. I just stopped. I was drinking like 5 cans of coke a day, and then whatever soda i'd get from eating out. It is SUPER hard, but you CAN do it!!
    I went and bought a bunch of crystal light drink mixes, frozen juices, and capri suns and it made it so easy. But when eating out, it is totally hard to not get a soda with your meal, but it is possible!
    If it is something you really want to do, just put your mind to it, and focus on the goal you have set for your self!
    My first goal was to cut out 1000 calories from my daily diet, and so far, i've been able to do so.
    Next goal is to be able to do my elliptical once a day and do my dance work out three times a week. So far. . .i'm not yet there lol But i'm closer than I was two weeks ago :D

Good luck! You CAN do it!!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 2:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• The only way to stop is not to buy it, or have it in the house. It sucks but you will get over it and feel better in a month or so after not having it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have switched to the Crystal Light packets (I have like 6 flavors in my house), and when I do drink soda I try and stick to diet. However, I cannot completely stop. So when we go out to eat I always order my regular soda. It helps to keep some sanity, but still indulge occasionally.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i quit drinking cokes 13 years ago, when i was 8 years old. Not for a certain reason, i just did. Now, even the smell of coke makes me sick... and on the rare occassion my moms drink and mine gets mixed and i dont notice, i will get so sick.. i can feel the coke sititng in my stomach, and it makes me throw up. and it makes my stomach burn. lol.. weird i know, but i do. When i'm sick, i can tolerate a sierra mist..but it's rare.. i drink sweet tea, or water... usually water, unless i'm out for dinner or something, then i get sweet tea.
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 2:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Crystal Light is bad for you too, and highly addictive. It has aspartame in it which is very bad for your health. The best way to do it is just go off cold turkey and drink water or Juicy Juice. After a week or two, you'll actually start craving water, and you'll enjoy it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• also, my dh told me tonight he wants to cut back on drinking dr.peppers (he drinks 2- 2 liters a day!)...he asked for a few cases of water, and to go check out the flavored water packets you pour in your drink? idk what they are called, cause i dont like them. So next time he is off the road, we are going to buy that and see how it goes.
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 2:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I stopped a few years ago, I still have one every once in a while but it is very rare. I started drinking propel becuase at the time i gave up sodas it was the summer and we were camping alot and always had propel in the cooler, I also started drink iced tea and experimenting with different types of tea. For me it was pretty easy to walk away from soda, i realized that i was still thristy after drinking it, and i never felt satisfied.

Now I drink ALOT of water and Iced tea a few days a week, if I want something more I will pick upa propel or Fuze, I also love hansens sodas but i still keep them as a rare thing to do.

We make lemonade, tea, flavored waters (with actual berries and lemon) I make smoothies. You just have to find something else a healthier addiction to turn to. I lost 10 pounds when i quit drinking sodas and so did some of the guys i worked with at the time thats when we all realized soda is BAD BAD BAD lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• anon 1:35 i agree... i love water...and i crave it all the time.. i drink 8-10 bottled waters a day.. so it reflects that i love it. lol..
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 2:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Juicy Juice makes me want to gag. It's disgusting.

I am sure Crystal Light is supposedly bad for me, but I am sure the 12 pack of soda I was drinking a day wasn't good for me either.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2010