Why am I wet all day but when I have sex run dry?

I don't think being wet all day and "bleaching" pairs of underwear is normal but it hasn't caused a problem yet. I just assume it has to do with the syst I have. But even with all that "running" all day, I run dry durning sex. I can't stay wet? I have a strong sex drive, better than my husbands has been lately, but I can't enjoy sex very long before I need some lube? Does anyone know why or has anyone ever dealt with this? Please any information on what it could be would help!! My husband was deployed for a year and even though he doesn't seem to want it to much, a year is a long time and I would like to start enjoying my sex life again!! Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• I don't know the answer to your running dry problem, but I can bet that you're wetness all day is not arousal fluid but cervical mucus. Different women get different levels of cervical mucus, and it's usually mid-cycle before ovulation, to assist in sperm-travel. You might have higher levels of Estrogen, like me, and are a very mucusy person, because I have mucus from a few days after ending menstruation until a few days after ovulation, then a few mucusy days dotted throughout my luteal phase, too. And higher levels of Estrogen can also contribute to an increased sex drive.
    If no one else on CM can answer your running dry problem, then maybe hop of the forums at www.tcoyf.com. Everyone on those forums practices either FAM or NFP and are familiar with cervical mucus/arousal fluid problems.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• im wet during the day for no reason then when it comes to sex its like a desert down there.lol i just use lube... i use olive oil, lol sounds wierd but i like more natural stuff and its really quite pleasant, not sticky and doesnt smell much.
    Anonymous