Sorry one more question.

Sweets. I have always been a "chunky" kid, well i lost tons of weight "50 pounds" but then i just couldn't do it anymore and i gained ALL the weight back, i am only 5'1 and weigh 160 pounds, please don't judge me. Well my biggest problems are soda, fast food, and SWEETS. Honestly i have the biggest sweet tooth ever. Like i feel like i NEED something sweet atleast once a day. I NEED HELP cutting these bad habits out.

Brianna-Ravae

Asked by Brianna-Ravae at 2:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• well its eating those things to EXCESS that is likely the major issue. when are you eating? is it emotional eating ? when you are sad, tired, lovely, bored etc? maybe you couldnt stick with what you were doing because you were ignoring half the problem?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Instead of fast food grill a burger, or chicken breast and put it on a healthy bun whole grains, and easy on the condiments, stop drinking soda dont buy it period, and fruits are natures sweets, once you eat them enough you will appreciate their sweetness and not want the junk food because it is too sweet and bad for you. It is just getting your body used to it, and then you won't like the garbage foods anymore after because they don't truly taste good we just eat them so much that our minds say that they do. It is ok to have a treat once a week but no more than that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My biggest problem is a stay at home all day long, and i don't know if alot of other people do it but i eat when i am bored. and i do tend to eat when i am unhappy. but i have always ate too much :(
    Brianna-Ravae

Answer by Brianna-Ravae at 2:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Keep frozen berries in the freezer, I swear this is my secret weapon, I pull some out each morning so i can snack on them through the day. I also use them in smoothies with 1% or non fat milk and low/non fat yogurt. It takes care of the sweet tooth right away and is good for you. Also I keep apples and other fruit on the table, try cutting up a apple and dip in peanut butter.

My trick for being bored is to keep moving, find a closet to reorganize, if you have pets play with them, find something that keeps you moving. i will stop at the gym after i drop off my dd at school and run on the treadmill then i go home and have a light healthy snack.

The best way to not eat the bad things is go through your kitchen and get them out, thats what i did and then i restocked with healthy alternatives. It has been a huge change but i stick to my guns about my no junk food rule.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I eat when I'm bored too and I love sweets. It's so hard! Chips sound better then carrots or apples. I know what you mean. Good luck on fighting the cravings. I'm still trying!
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 4:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• check out EATING CLEAN.

its changed my life - I still want the crappy wonderful unhealthy goodness - but I don't .

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Start r eplacing those unhealthy snacks with good ones..plenty of fruit and veggies,whole grains etc.Once you get used to eating well you wont crave the junk.You have to have the motivation and the desire to make the change.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2010