how long does postpartem depression last????

my son just turned 4 and i really need know how long postpartem depression can last.

timmysmom05

Asked by timmysmom05 at 3:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can last for years. PPD does not necessarily go away by itself. If it's not treated properly, it can turn into chronic depression, so don't wait any longer. Talk to a postpartum specialist or another health care practitioner and get help right away.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• it can last years. and if your son is 4 and you are still suffering it, you need to call your DR tomorrow for help. not even kidding. dont wait one more day
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yeah you need to get help right away. If untreated it can turn into an actual disorder.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• to tell u the truth, which is the sad truth, it stayed til i lost my baby weight. which took time. i think thats the most thing that depresed me, all the clothes that used to fit and didnt anymore. when i buckled down and really lost it, thats when i got my confidence back! join a gym, u'll be glad u did.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2010