Why do so many of you rip on Obama? Where are all of the people who voted him into office? Also shouldn't we give him a chance, Its not like the country was handed over to him in a nice pretty package and he just started making this mess all on his own.

And I posted anon not because I am coward but some ppl on here will bash and hound you forever for your opinion and thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• what president has ever been safe from being critisized by the american people? is Obama so special he should be exempt?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• That is not what I am saying at all, read the question again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i repeat myself. he has been given a good bit of chance so far. nothing is coming of it.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I love the disclosure of "I'm not a coward...blah, blah, blah. We have given O a chance-he blew it. It only takes a couple of "incidents" to determine if a man or woman is a good person, has values, has integrity and so on. Think of it this way. What if you were dating a man who charmed you, made you many promises and told you that you were very important. THEN, you saw the friends that he hung out with that had questionable values (Wright), he would have these "personnel" meetings with others and you weren't invited (Reid, SEIU) but he told you would be able to attend at first - (CSPAN), then you caught him in lies but yet he still claims the truth (transparency, Gitmo, etc..) and he borrowed your money and spent it on things that he didn't need but yet you found out that you will never see that $ again (pork spending)...would you continue to go out with that man? I supported this O b/4 he got big but then I wised up.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 6:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• unfortunately he seems to have 1)continued with the rock star theme and 2)sold out to big interests
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It is because in one year he managed to double our deficit which took 8 years to reach the point it was handed to him in war time, that is horrible. Yeah Bush started the deficit but it took 8 years for it to get to 240 Million and with Obama is is more than double in 1 year that is unacceptable by any standard. He isn't doing any of the things he promised and in some cases is doing the exact opposite of what he promised to get elected. He is all talk and the majority of the American people are fed up with him putting our Grandkids and great grandkids in debt.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't President bash - regardless of who it is. Now, that is not to say that I won't disagree with the President, and express my disagreement with their politics. But I believe the office in and of itself is deserving of respect, as is the fact that, whether I agree with what they are doing, they were elected, and I agree with the quote that says "for good or ill, in a democracy, the people get the government they deserve."

That being said, I do not think that Obama has been doing a good job, and I can't help but wonder at what point (he has served 1/4 of his term, after all) do we stop saying "give him a chance" and do we start saying "when are you going to put your words into action..."

I didn't vote for him in part because I didn't think he had enough experience for the job. When he got elected, I hoped I was going to be proven wrong. Unfortunately, based on the past yr, my opinion still stands.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Its not like the country was handed over to him in a nice pretty package and he just started making this mess all on his own----

He CAMPAIGNED that he could DO the job better than MCCAIN .... FYI in case you have forgotten he was a sitting US SENATOR when he ran. NOW he wants to blame everyone else...
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 7:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Where are all of the people who voted him into office?

Oblivious, just like they were before and during their vote.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• And I posted anon not because I am coward but some ppl on here will bash and hound you forever for your opinion and thoughts.
    --------------------------
    Really?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2010