husband..

I am starting to hate my husband he has been laid off 18 mos already and doesn't even try! yes he does get $505 a week take home in unemployment so that isn't the issue. I work weekend, nights and days! he doesn't help out around the house. I mean the dishes still in the sink from two days ago, floors nasty! I cleaned the floor before I went to work sunday only to find it covered in corn, chicken and noodles! Dude you can't sweep that up! I am really wanting to kick him out over not helping! and another thing his personal hiegne is NASTY, his breath sinks so bad, he uses a sonicare toothbrush too. NEVER FLOSSES and refuses to go the the denist about it cause he don't want to pay ((no dental ins)). I told him I don't care just pay!! and GO!! ((we have $12,000 in savings)) so there is no reason to say that.. I CAN'T STAND HIS NO HELPING ANYMORE.. I LOVE HIM.. WAIT MAYBE I DONT'?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Is he depressed or just lazy? I had a husband for 15 years and the man was NEVER happy. Complained when he had to work and complained when he was at home doing nothing.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think that you need to sit him down and tell him most of what you said, he might be depressed and need help, but you shouldn't put up with this behavior. He may need to get kicked out to get the point but I hope he catches a clue. Maybe get him some job apps and interviews and see if that helps. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• is this depression over losing his job? doesnt make it OK to leave it al on you. but still. the lack of hygiene smacks of depression.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would have a serious chat with him about you wanting and needing more help around the house,especially if he is laid off and isn't doing anything.Let him know exactly how you feel,you should always be open with your SO...
    brendynsmama

Answer by brendynsmama at 8:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• the breath issue could be a stomach problem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• This sounds a bit like depression. My son went through a depression after he lost his job. Your husband sounds a lot like him. He didn't have the energy to clean, cook, go look for a job, get up, or most of the things we think should just be part of a normal day. I'm not saying he is depressed, but maybe it's work a look to see.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I agree with the folks who think it may be depression. Sounds like a classic case. When you are depressed, its not that you don't want to do things, its that your brain and body make you feel like you physically just can't.  It wouldn't hurt to set up an appt. with a psychiatrist.  He may just need something to get him out of this stressful funk.  GL!  I feel your pain!

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• pOSTER))) well today I came home from work and he flushed his antixy meds. he told me that is what is making him LAZY!!. as far as getting him job apps. he is making plenty of money while home (($505/week take home)) so that if not the problem. He is also union and work is starting to pick back up ((does HVAC)). I wonder how it will be since he is off the meds.. I will keep you posted. Thanks.. !
    Anonymous