what would you do

what would you do if you wanted to give something to the guy you are in love with but you are not sure he will give you anything? give it to him anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• That's not love.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 11:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• shouldnt matter if yuou get something in return or not
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It is about giving and not getting really so why not give. You should never expect to get gifts in return it just sets you up for disappointment. I truly love making my DH happy with the gift more than the gifts that I get.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• you said "that you are in love with" so.....there shouldn't be any thought of anything in return for yourself. You should be overly pleased with giving or showing your love for someone. So yes, give it to him anyway.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It would depend on several things. It would depend on what the gift was going to be. It would depend on why you want to give him a gift. It would depend on what you expect the giving of the gift to cause to happen, if anything. It would depend on how long you have known him. It would even depend on how old you are and how old he is.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You give to give not to expect something in return

Answer by admckenzie at 8:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• A gift is giving without the expectation of getting anything in return. Otherwise, it would be called trading.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 8:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'd give it to him. I don't give my SO gifts with the expectation of him giving me one; I give him gifts b/c I love him and I want to make him happy. If you are only giving it to him b/c you want something in return, that's not b/c you're in love with him. That's b/c you want something from him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Giving gifts is about making someone else happy. Not about getting something in return.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• If you want to give him something, give it to him. But don't expect something in return for it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010