How can i get more traffic to my site?

I'm trying to use the internet as a marketing tool and any ideas would be helpful. I network energy out of Texas and this is a huge opportunity for anyone who lives here to look over and decide on their own whether or not this fits their needs as a potential money earner. The info alone can keep a persons attention because it's educational. It's also very interesting, it's energy, everyone uses it, does not require a bunch of customers(cuz free to switch). Would like pointers on how to drive traffic in a cold market. This is so at the beginning stages and only in 2 states(tx and ga).Lots of good info that can be backed up if a person takes the time to listen and is serious about earning off deregulation of energy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need to do advertisement banners on other webpages and also get a sponsored search for google etc.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• you need to find the interesting factor for people. Figure out what is going to catch peoples eyes and ears to what you are trying to show them. Get them in the door first and then hit them with the MORE interesting but BRIEF facts. I think in this situation the less is more which usually it is....do not overwhelm people with the nitty grittty but do provide it. I would recommend researching other like companies or fields of interest and see how they approach customers with their websites etc.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• if you are passionate about it as well...a small or even big (up to you) car decal is neat. Both sides of my car are custom designed by me logos for my business. People LOOK all the time! They love it!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• What kind of networking are you doing locally?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Sign up at copyblogger for ways to write copy that grabs you by the tonsils. Use their free tutorials. It's not just about writing copy.

You may have to get out there. Offer a free seminar through your local library. Give good information. Meet people's needs and make your information accesable. Use visuals. I went to one on financing a college education. We got handouts and a voucher for a free consultation. They sold a book for $10. Their paid service filled out the FAFSA, faxed it in midnight Jan 1, and researched other aid. That's where they made their money. (We did our own)

Explore other presentation venues. Would businesses benefit from your service? Think of how you could approach them. Perhaps work up a training session. A brochure.

Are there people in your network of friends and aquaintences you help? Do you have any happy clients? Could you ask them for referrals? For testimonials? Add these to your blog.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 10:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2010