Do any women go through this with their hubby's?

My husband cant seem to budget money? we cant even get thruogh from one pay cheque to the next without him being broke? I am tired of it.. he spent money at walmart on movies etc.. without thinking that we needed groceries alot more to get through the week and he needs money for gas for the car.. so now he has to borrow money from me.. to get through... I had told him so many times to write down what were spending and make a budget but he never does? and then wonders why his broke? I dont mind helping us out.. because he pays me back since im trying to save for a trip during march break... but he has always been like this? and we still have to wait until feb 11th until he gets paid.. I think his irresonspble? any thoughts?
in the past he has even had to borrow money from my father to help us get by?
He has a good job.. we just have alot of bills..
Trish

rose1239

Asked by rose1239 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband is a spender an it the one thing about him that drives me nuts. I try to ignore it, but it really does drive me crazy. I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. Does it help to say, you are not alone?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My Dh is opposite he is a tight wad and would have us eating ramen and hamburger helper even though it is not needed. I would say you need to take control of all the finances until he can show some responsibility.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My husband is like this and after 5 years of arguing HE decided to just hand over the reins to me. It was kind of random actually, but definitely a good idea. Problem is I'm not much better! lol Better than him I guess, but I give in a lot to him when he asks for something. I feel so guilty since I don't work to say no to stuff he asks for.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• he needs to grow UP. he is an adult. why do people put up with this behaviour in thier PARTNER. let him know in no simple terms. CUT IT OUT or live on your own. maybe if he didnt have YOU bailiing him out every time, enabling the childish behaviour, then he MIGHT have enough reason to stop?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• money problems are usually a manifestation of other problems. you need to find out what need he is fulfilling by spending uncontrollably,until then, you'll have this problem.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• He's always been like this....and you have always bailed him out? Then stop enabling him so he will learn. You perpetuate the problem by giving him money when he runs out. He'll cut that crap out if he doesn't have you bailing him out.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Since you are a partnership and seem to have a better understanding about your bills I think you should take control of money. Give him allowance - split it into 2/3 days and every few days give him a little more cash in his pocket to spend. That way he feels like he has some money to waste-but you're limiting it.
    SamMom912

Answer by SamMom912 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2010