For those who've had a planned c-section with the second baby......

my first was born 34 weeks gestational age and now i am going on 36 weeks with my 2nd. at my last check up i asked my obgyn what should i expect for the up coming appointments since i didnt have them with my first. "will you be doing pelvic exams, etc?". well she replied with "we'll see (hehe) there's really no need to torture you since you're having a c-section"

so WHAT can I expect for these every week appointments then?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why are you having a c section? Are you going into labor first or is it scheduled?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I had a planned c-section with my second and they just continued to do normal exams. They listened to the heartbeat and measured my tummy. Towards the end there was paperwork to sign and fill out. That was it. Good luck!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• since your having a c-section, all they will probably do is check the baby and your blood pressure.. There is no need to see if the baby is head down, or do a pelvic... It should be simple and quick! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• watch this video http://vimeo.com/5648654
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Like the others said - pretty much normal. Weight, blood pressure, fetal heartbeat, and tummy measurements. They will ask if you are feeling ok, if you have any questions, etc. Nothing you haven't been through already. The only other thing my OB did was feel the baby through my belly, just making sure she was where she was supposed to be and her size and stuff. That was the last appt. My doc said 'I think probably an 8 1/2 pounder. Nope.... I think closer to 9" Yeah - 9lb baby girl!! Well....when they weighed her she was EXACTLY 9lbs!! Amazing!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I had a planned c-section for my last 2. At the end, the last few weeks, they checked my cervix.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I had a scheduled c section and I was able to make the date about 3 weeks or 2 weeks before the date. I also was only checked on time but that was when I thought I was having contractions. Other then that it was normal appts. I was able to deliver at 38 wks and 6 days. Good Luck and just relax you will enjoy the birth of your child so much more.
    Mom2girls0708

Answer by Mom2girls0708 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010