Do your kids ride the bus, walk or dropped off at school?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 8:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I drive my kids to and from school. We live too close for them to be bussed, and too far, and across a major street, for them to walk.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Both my girls have always rode the bus, they only have about a 10 minute drive.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 8:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I drop hi moff at the before school program at school. have to be at work by 8. (home sick today)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• She walks a block and half to the bus. The bus ride is only 8 blocks to her school. But if she walked. She would have to walk across two busy streets. We walk when with her it is not winter. I don't want to walk that far in below zero weather. We only have one car and hubby takes that to work in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Private school, so no bus. We drive about 15 minutes to and from school everyday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My son is 6 and I have always drove him to school.

I didnt want him to ride the bus. My hubby is a teacher and has told me that on their school buses kids have been caught kissing touching each other and even once giving oral sex....The bus driver cant see everything....and I dont want my kid around that.

I would be scared to death for my kid to walk a block and a half...how old is she anon? There have been so many kids picked up and disappear like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• we walk when its nice, but I drive them to and from school - we're about 50feet inside the bus boundary.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• home school
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Walk to school.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 10:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My daughter will be going into grade one in the fall, we'll be driving her to and fro.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2010