newborn awake in the middle of the night.how to get him back to sleep????

last week she is kind of fussy after feeding at night and doesnt want to fall a sleep again.When putting on her back she starts to cry after few minutes!
She kicks and looks like shes not comfortable!not hungry and she doesnt like pacifier.from 3am she sleeps for 15 min at the time and i am really tired!what to do?????please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honey she is a newborn. welcome to the lack of sleep of a new mom.. all you can do is try to make her comfy and comfort her. get in the habit of sleeping whenever SHE sleeps
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• sati769leigh is right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Shes my second child.First was sooo different .She slept soundless after feeding.So i did not know how it is NOT to sleep or to be soo tired.
    But my 6 weeks old is my concern.
    Hope that like everything will change quickly.
    JustynaNY

Answer by JustynaNY at 8:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• hopefully she will settle soon for you in to a routine. but every baby is different too. she might not. hang in there momma
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• wow op you were really lucky with your first baby. With my second baby she would sleep everywhere imaginable except at home. She always slept through her older brothers gym classes. ugh. better times do come when they move out just kidding.

just remember that your newbie isn't in her home environment which was your warm dark uterus. She's got all these scary smells and sounds and lights too. It's a bit like waking up from anesthesia after surgery except lots of newborns are offset for longer than a single set of hours.

Just wear a cd headset, it really quiets a mom's nerves from loud cries.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My DS was like that from 6 weeks until about just about 3 months. Dr mentioned sometimes babies bellies are still "forming" and are not used to gas in stomach and after they eat sometimes (just like us) they feel yucky. We tried the gas drops for babies (name I dont rememebr)- which worked a little, with jiggling around for a few minutes to maybe help the gas get out... but it didnt work completely. It might help. I would fall asleep with DS on my chest sitting up in a chair as I was sooo sleep deprived from DS. I also think the upright helpped. Maybe your little one might sleep better in upright car seat. Have had friends do that too (of course, after I had DS, I heard about that trick!) Hang in there mom- this too shall pass.
    SamMom912

Answer by SamMom912 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My baby was a side sleeper for about a month. She hated her back. We cosleep so I learned to get a lot more sleep and she learned to go back to sleep after a feed on her own after about three weeks. I have this set up:  http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My second son refused to sleep in his crib. We had to buy a bassinet for him. Hated the expense but it worked like a charm and by the time he was old enough to get out of the bassinet, he slept just fine in his crib.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 10:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Good Luck my son is 9 months old and just now started to sleep 10 hours a night. He did the same thing when he was a new baby. Sleep during the day if you have to wheneve r your baby is asleep. It gets easier, not much you can do right now
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Try co-sleeping; he doesn't want the pacifier; he wants the real nipple. Breasts are for comfort, as well as nutrition.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2010