Is it really about the breakfast?

I made my df a good breakfast...scrambled cheese eggs with a salmon pattie broken up into it(as per his request), sausage, and toast...and coffee...for him to take with him. He called me not to long ago COMPLAINING that I made him two sausage patties instead of the one he asked for! MOST of the time, he'd thank me anyway, and just not eat the extra sausage. I know he's got a lot on his mind lately, and he's stressed out for reasons I won't get into...but jeez. REALLY? *smh* I just apologized and told him "Alright, Baby. I'm sorry. I'll see you later." Sometimes, one has to bite their tongue to keep the peace-especially if it's really not about the breakfast.
My PSA for today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Well if he is a good man and has a lot on his mind (as you say) then I would just ignore his fussing. It could be that he is stressed, and when he noticed his breakfast was not correct (with 1 extra) that was the straw that broke the camels back and he took some frustration out on you--because you were handy. I am sure he probably did not mean to be mean, and hopefully when he has a chance to calm down he will realize he was wrong, and I hope he makes it a point to say "I'm sorry" to you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• ugh
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I seriously doubt this is about sausage. You alluded to the fact he has something going on. Help him, if he'll let you, work through that. Then whether you can count sausage patties won't matter so much.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It has nothing to do with the sausage. It's about putting his woman in her place. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Wait. Hold up. OP here. He is NOT trying to "keep his woman in her place"...It ain't even that kind of party. You are ASSuming and THAT is sad. He is a good man! Just the other day when I had an awful dream, I wasn't going to bother him, but he could tell something was upseting me. I told him and he held me close and reassured me. He is NORMALLY very grateful for all the work I do around the house and how I take care of the kids. He never MAKES me cook...I offer, because I like to cook for him and our kids! He is just stressed because he is seriously considering letting his ex move to another state with his kids! Like I said...it's not about the breakfast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Why is he bitching about EXTRA food? It's not like you forgot something in there! Tell him to chill and quit having a temper tantrum and that you'll talk later.Next time he should stop and think before he speaks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I agree anon :09....He isn't normally like this! I didn't want to tell him to chill...because I thought that might tick him off. I know how I get when I'm moody. Don't tell me to chill, because I will get MORE irritated. Better to just speak calmly and let him cool down-just like it is with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• That's always how it turns out MizLee! BA for you! *hugs!*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010