belly pain in toddler

My 22 month old has been sporadically crying and gripping her belly since Sunday. We thought it was a stomach flu or something, but there has not been any other symptom. She was warm Sunday night and Monday morning, but not again since. I tried childrens pepto this morning, but she's complained a couple times since. I was thinking hernia only because her belly button protrudes far when she's standing. Also there is this part between her belly button and chest that protrudes when she is layin down and then goes to sit up. She always had this, but now I'm starting to wonder if this is causing problems. Any ideas?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• When was the last time she pooped? Sure she's not constipated? Have you added anything new to her diet? Maybe her digestive system's having trouble w/ something. I'd call the dr, especially if you think it might be a hernia.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You should see the doctor. There's a lot of things that could be wrong, some of them requiring medical attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• she pooped twice yesterday. after I wrote this she vomitted a little bit. all seems normal except this. I"m going to have to go in this evening when my husband gets home. Starting to worry me
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yeah I would take her in if she has some sort of heria it could be some problems with that. You may get lucky and it be nothing but it sounds like something is going on.... I know some kids get a stomach pains befor getting strep
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2010