What time is it appropriate to call someone's house in the morning?

I typically wait until 8 to ensure I'm not waking anyone up. Is that too early?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 9:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• depends, if they have school kids ect.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I always call after 9am. I know how ever know and then we sleep in a bit. But if I know they are up then I call ealier.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• depends on who I am calling. I usually wait until 8 or 9.But family, I know that they always are up at 6-630 so if I need something I call.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My sister, I can call 1st thing in the morning because she's up with her family at 6am. The rest of the world, I don't call til after 9am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It depends on who I am calling and what day of the week it is. I sometimes call my mom at 7, but she leaves for work by 7:30. If it's a weekend I wait until 8:30 or 9 to call my mom. If I am calling someone who doesn't have kids tyo get to school or a job to go to I usually wait until at least 9. I won't call my husband's grandmother before 10 because she stays up late and sleeps in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't call anyone until after 9, had to inform hubby's fam it rude to call @ 6:30 am when you know we are ALL still sleeping!!! I think it depends on who you are calling, if its someone you know is up before 9 & busy by then then I'd call em earlier. If its someone I'm unsure of then I wait.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• 9 AM, unless they have requested or given you permission to call earlier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I wait til 9, unless its someone I know really well.

I don't like the 8 am calls - thats right when I'm trying to wrangle the kids into their stuff and off to school.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• 9 am
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Unless you are going to call me between 530 and 630 you aren't going to catch me in the morning. I am out the door each morning by 630 (if I am on time). Hubby is out the door no later than 645.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 10:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2010