What's your secret for the most heavy period so you can leave the house?

If your period gets so heavy you feel you can't leave the house fear of leaking. And if you're somewhere where there is no restroom. What can you do? Any tips or good secrets? Thank you for sharing. TMI? I'm sorry.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• Are you ok? First of all,maybe your doc should be seeing you for that. I've used two pads side by side for these times.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• 1st, I used Jumbo tampons. I also LOVE the Always Infinity pads. They are thin and can absorb so much!!! Those together are great for prevening leaks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would use a tampon and a heavy duty pad.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• pads instead of or in addition to tampons, if you leak & have to change it & there's no restroom use your car & do it in the backseat. for me its not my flow that prevents me from leaving the house its my cramps & there's not enough pain medication in the world that can get me up & going!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I use the Diva cup. and an overnight pad - I can make it about 4hours before having to change.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would use a tampon and a pad, and I would make sure they were fresh just as I was leaving to extend the amount of time I'd be able to be gone. But I also agree with the pp that said you should consider seeing your dr. My mom used to have very heavy bleeding, and she ended up with a medical condition that required her to get a hysterectomy. Not saying that would be the case, but just that I would take it very seriously.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• have you talked to your obgyn about your heavy periods. They should not be so heavy that you can not leave the house. If you are going through more than a tampon or pad in 2 hours you really need to ask the dr what is going on.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• when mine is like that which it alwasy is every month I make sure I get all the groceries and bills paid ahead of time so I don't have to leave the house unless it's an emergency then I used a super tampon and an overnite pad and I don't stay gone too long but I carry extra in case I do have to change if there are no restrooms which would be odd I would leave as quickly as I could. But talk to ur obgyn seriosly they don't only use dnc's for miscarriage they also do it before they do a hysterectomy.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i've been in bad situtations. like i thought i was just leaking clear and then i was like hmm so when hubby and i got to the car i looked i was like EFFF! i leave pads in my glove box, i just unzip put one on my undies while hubby drives... lol embarassing na. but i've bleed thro not knowing i was having a period. cus my period usually comes with cramps. its a unpleasent suprise.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• always leave a 'cover my ass bag' in the car. literally...lol

I have a kit with pads, tampons, wipes, extra panties in my truck with the kids bag of extra clothes and stuff
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010