No new taxes of any kind on the middle class. REALLY??

The Obama administration's plan to cut more than $1 trillion from the deficit over the next decade relies heavily on so-called backdoor tax increases that will result in a bigger tax bill for middle-class families.
While the administration is focusing its proposal on eliminating tax breaks for individuals who earn $250,000 a year or more, middle-class families will face a slew of these backdoor increases.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100201/bs_nm/us_budget_backdoortaxes

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am middle income and my butt hurts from the burden of being so!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• George H W Bush became a one hit wonder many have said because he said, "Read My Lips, NO NEW TAXES"... Then what happened? Could the writing be on the wall for Obama?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Of course ...just like we knew would be..who in their right mind bought the whole line of 'there will be no tax increases for those making under..'
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I am not surprised. Gosh I am tired of saying that...and it being negative! Something has got to give!

Apparantly my state thinks a GROSS income of $250,000 is rich because they added a 2% surtax and made it retroactive to 2008. That means I am now paying a 2% tax on anything I SPEND for my business..wages, fabric, taxes,insurance, utilities...EVERYTHING...expenses and income. We actually MADE less than $80,000 between hubby and me last year...but we are RICH! Two businesses here in town have announced they will be closing in the next 2 months..that is another 40 people unemployed and get this...more than a million dollars in gross income those businesses took in a year. Both were "high expense" companies. I am so glad I didn't incororate because what they have done to them is even worse.

Sorry, I needed a tax vent!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:29 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Dumb ass politicians know good and well they are going to be toying with the taxes. Why do they insist on lying to us just for votes. Just once, I would love to see an honest politician. Then, I'd happily vote.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think anyone that is surprised by this is either really young or really naive. The middle class always pays the dearest price.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Funny that the politicians that are swimming in they're own money are finding new ways to tax us. I'm sure they find sneaky ways out of paying they're own taxes, while we're footing the bill on what they decide to spend on. I just heard our wonderful Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi's, on-flight tab for alcoholic beverages was $200,000 in a few short years!!! Should tax payers have to pay for a politician's alcoholism? I could pay my house of 3 times with that amount of money!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• HE LIED! Now send me some campaign money, please....
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010