Would you allow your kids to sleep naked if they wanted?

So, I put the boys (4 and 6) to bed last night, after their bath, and after I put their jammies on. I don't normally fuss if they don't fall asleep right away, so long as they stay quiet. But last night they were getting really loud, so my hubby went in to put them back in bed. When he got to their room, he found them both stark naked. They had decided they wanted to sleep naked, but then got up to play, and I guess they were just giggly about being in the buff. (They bath together, so it's not like they never see each other naked.) Anyways, we put them back in bed, after having a good laugh over it, and they slept in the nude all night. They both promptly put on clothes this morning when they woke up. In our home, nakedness isn't really a big deal, Hubby and I both sleep naked. I mean, if you can't be naked in your own home, where can you be naked? Would you allow your kids to sleep naked they wished?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I suppose but within reason
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes because it's comfortable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• LOL My son strips in his sleep............
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Once she's out of diapers and totally potty trained, yes. For now she's at least in a diaper. Although when it was still warm out she did nap a time or two during naked baby time. I just put a waterproof pad under her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• probably not. The house is chilly at night and dd throws off the blanket so I'd prefer she have something covering her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Nah. I'm not fond of that. And what if there's a fire or something and they have to go outside in the middle of the night (hah! I always think worst case scenario type things) - they'd be freezing, and probably embarrassed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• She does. Nudity (as long as daddy's parts are covered) is fine in our house. When we get home the cloths start coming off.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

Why do daddy's parts need to be covered? Is she not allowed to know the difference between boys and girls?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'd consider it but I usually try to get them to at least wear underwear. My 8yo son and 7yo daughter still share a room and they usually kick their blankets off. In the winter their room gets very cold (there is no insulation in the ceiling and the vents are screwed up so they have to have warm pajamas on) but in the summer they sleep in next to nothing. My son would probably sleep naked if he didn't share a room with his sister. My husband prefers to sleep naked but since he sleeps on the living room couch (because he snores...LOUDLY) I insist he at least wear his boxers since we live with my dad and he does NOT want to see my husband naked, lol.
    The kids have all seen each other (and both of us) naked. It's not a big deal. The 8yo and 7yo change in front of each other and up until last year were still taking showers together. But they are starting to get a little modesty.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• yes since they all have their own rooms. However they would have to put something on to come out of the bedrooms.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010