Do you allow your child to wear clothing with words across their bottom?

why or why not?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 9:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, there are so many pervs out there and I don't want anyone's attention drawn to my little girls bottom.

Just the thought of a nasty man having a sexual thought about my dd pisses me the hell off.

Come to think of it, I dont want "good" peoples attention drawn to her bottom.

I think it looks tacky.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• you're seriously going to rehash this one again???

No, my kids will NOT wear clothing with things across the butt - I don't feel its appropriate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No. I don't allow my daughter to wear "lookatmyass" pants. She's 7.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 10:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No. Not only is it tacky, it is inappropriate for a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have a DS so it doesn't really come up, but if I had a DD there would be no way I would allow that... I think it looks stupid on adults too
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have boys and they wear clothes with the words going down the leg. Honestly, I cringe when I see little girls with "cute" across their butts. However, I would rather a little girl have sweatpants with a word across their butt than little tiny shorts. I think I may be a prude though because many Moms I like and respect allow their daughters to wear them. I guess its a good thing I have boys!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my daughter is 18 months and she has one sweatsuit from gymboree that says "sweet" on her toosh. it is a gingerbread girl sweatsuit. it was a gift and i think it is cute. but she also is still very young. i dont think it is as huge of a deal as everyone is making it. not like i would put juicy pants on her or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• no I don't want to draw attention to their bottoms. Only a certain type of person wears this kind of clothing to attract attention, I would not want my little girl to be in that same category

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• anon at 10:08....I could let that one slide because she is a baby....but...something bothers me about it....like you are saying her bottom is "sweet" and I am sure it is b/c you her mother and that is fine for YOU or her close family to say.

But when it comes to random strangers thinking that way about your dd's bottom....would that bother you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Moms, just wait until you have a teenager! I almost fainted when I saw what the girls wore to homecoming. As I have said, I am glad to have boys- that is one battle I will not have to fight ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2010