went off the pill, still no period, and preg. symptoms. other causes??

I have taken 4 tests in the last week all say not preg. I went off the pill over a month ago. I quit taking them when I had only 1 active pill left and my period was due in 2 days. well thats been over a month ago. I have actually gained 4 lbs sore boobs, and about a week ago I had several days of morning sick feelings, I FEEL pregnant but the tests so no. any Ideas why I could be feeling this way and for real not be preg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• Sorry to say this, but that's exactly how I got pregnant. Going off the pill and having unprotected sex. My pregnancy test was positive though. Go get a blood test to know for sure.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Sometimes after being on the bcp, your body does not resume ovulating normally. Though it's still odd that you didn't have withdrawal bleeding after stopping the pill. I was one of those whose body did not kick back in after going off the bcp- I had tons of 'hormone-ish' side effects, but no ovulation and no period for over six months. I finally saw my doctor, took provera to jump start a period, and then clomid to ovulate. I would see your doctor- first to get a blood test to conclusively rule pregnancy in or out, and then to restart a cycle if you aren't pg. Good luck!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2010