Why does he fight sleep so much, and what can i do to make it better??

kludmama

Asked by kludmama at 10:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he?
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 10:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my son did the same thing. He hates being alone while he sleeps so I have to keep him near me. He sleeps with us now at night. He is 9 months old always hated sleeping once he moved to his crib. So now that he knows I am hold him or he is sleeping with me in bed he dont fight it as much. If I have to lay him down to get something done then I just lay him on a blankey on the floor stay with him until he is sound asleep then do what I need to do and try to get back before he wakes up. Since then he hasnt had to fight it since he know or thinks he knows I am there all the time.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My son is the same way - he fights sleep every day and night. I usually have to lay him on my chest while I sit & bounce myself, patting his back and saying "shhhh" softly by his ear and he will "hum" himself to sleep. If I stop bouncing he starts screaming. If I stop patting him he starts screaming (most of the time) and if I stop saying "shhh" he starts screaming...so I have to do all three while he hums to himself and he eventually either falls asleep or he will get up and go play and come back in 15 mins to start the routine over again.
    MilMom04

Answer by MilMom04 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2010