Does anyone REALLY calm down when someone tells them to?

WatermelonNerd

Asked by WatermelonNerd at 10:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe once in a blue moon...lol. It depends one who and why they are telling me to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Not me. I usually Yell at them "I AM CALM!" it usually just makes me madder.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• depends on the situation, but when someone tells me to calm down, generally that just pisses me off more.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• for me, it depends on the situation and who says it. SO is good at telling to to calm down, followed by reassurance or an explanation why it isnt "all that bad" or what I am overlooking. Works just about every time.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I wish it worked as well as "I don't want you to panic!"    (My dh says that.)  Yea right, good luck with that, now tell me why I'm panicking!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Hahahaha, beeky! :D
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 11:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't, it usually makes me more made, but it totally works with my two year old daughter, I tell her she needs to calm down and talk to me about it and she usually will.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It works for me- when I am being irrational and someone I respect tells me to calm down- I know that I have crossed the line and its time to pull back.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2010