Have you had a VNUS Closer or Vein Stripping?

I am in need of one of these procedures (I have superficial venous reflux disease) and I'm trying to decide which one would be best for me. Could you explain your experience with either procedure?

abra

Asked by abra at 10:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• Hi-
    I'm a member of CafeMom and an employee of a medical device company that specializes in the treatment of varicose veins. Endovenous laser treatment is a minimally-invasive method of treating your varicose veins. Check out www.venacure-evlt.com for information on all of your treatment options and comparisons of surgery, radiofrequency ablation, laser ablation, sclerotherapy, and conservative therapies such as compression.

I also have some serious spider veins that got much worse when I was pregnant, and I have a varicose vein forming on my pelvis since pregnancy. Chronic venous insufficiency runs in my family, and I expect my veins will get worse over time. I've just started wearing compression stockings when I fly, and they help quite a bit - it's much more comfortable to sit on the plane wearing them.

Whatever you choose, good luck!!!
    mmanuel

Answer by mmanuel at 11:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2010