when I give my baby baby food shes happy but seems to spit just about all of it out, this is normal when theyre first learning to eat right?

it was struggle to get my son to eat at all but now my daughter gets happy when she sees the spoon and seems to like the food but spits almost all of it out. This is normal right? Ive heard that babies have to learn to swallow solid foods and it can take about 15 times before they get it, so are we on the right track. As long as shes happy just keep doing it till she gets it??

brandidy56

Asked by brandidy56 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she? it may be a sign that she is not ready for it yet
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'd also take this as a sign that she's not ready for solids.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It's normal. Eating (like everything else) takes practice. =) She will get the hang of it soon enough.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Pushing the food back out is a sign that baby is NOT ready for solids yet. I would wait a bit longer until she is able to eat without pushing it back out. One of the signs of baby readiness for solids; "Baby has lost the tongue-thrust reflex and does not automatically push solids out of his mouth with his tongue."

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 2:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010