How do I get my SIL to see what I mean?

My brother just got married...and his wife is wanting so badly to have a baby....she really wants one...but one (only one) of her reasons for having a baby is so that she can quit work...she hates her job.

Dont get me wrong..I like SIL a lot...and I know she would love her baby very much...

But I have been trying to tell her in everyway I know...that a baby is just as much work as going to work is....I just want them to make the right decision when its the right time...not just so she can quit work...ya know.

Wow, this sounds terrible..but I promise I love SIL...she is just very young and immature....she has a lot of growing up to do ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You will probably never get her to understand you. She will only understand once the baby is here!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• you wont get through to her more than likly and in the process you wil only convince her to do it.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You both are probably right...and I know once the baby is here that we will all be happy. ;) I'll just lay off of her. She will do what she wants to do....and I tried ;) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• if she wants to quit a job that bad she would find a way to do it any way she can...having a baby probably isnt the full extent of it....no one needs a reason or excuse to quit thier job...but i agree with what everyone is saying...you cannot get through to her...she just might be old fasioned and believes the mother stays home with the baby...there is nothing wrong with that...talk to her more and maybe try to understand her some! you might be suprised and find out more than you knew! otherwise yea theres nothing much else you can do!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You can never make someone see or understand JUST how hard it is to have a baby.. I thought it was so easy before I had my own and didn't honestly consider that SAHM's did very much... I know now I was WAYYYYY wrong. But I didn't listen to anyone before I had my son either.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010