I just found out Im 3 weeks pregnant, how long should I wait to be safe before we tell our family about the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first, we told everyone right away but I was already about 9 weeks along. With this one, I wanted to wait since we didn't know how far I was. But my hubby couldn't hold it in, so we told everyone.. it turns out I was around 7 weeks when we spilled the beans! I would have loved to wait until 12 weeks but after waiting 2 1/2 years we couldn't hold it in!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We told immediate family around 8 to 9 weeks with both and then the rest of the family and friends when I was 12 weeks.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We told right away with our first one, and then I miscarried at about 3 1/2 months. So the other times after that, we didn't tell until it was obvious that I was pregnant.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• we aren't telling anyone til i get past 8 wks. cus the possiblty of miscarriage early on, unless someone notices my belly lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• they recommend waiting until after the first trimester- I found out around 2 weeks preg and told my family immediately (I couldn't contain myself!!)
    Anonymous

• At my ob apt the other day my dr said CONGRATS! You are out of your 1st trimester you can now tell people you are prego.. I was like omg! I had already told everyone including my boss... They say chance of misscarriage in the first trimester is really high but I think it's a personal choice!
    marisa36

Answer by marisa36 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2010