Are there any families out there in their 30's joining the active military? My husband is 34 and joining tha active army and I was just wondering if there were any other people our age making this choice.

MarshMeli79

Asked by MarshMeli79 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• first of all my thanks goes out to him and to you. for what you are BOTH doingf for this country.
    my hubby worked at the naval base in illinois as civilian temp. at about 33 he considered enlisting. it was a major struggle for him. we have been told that if we wanted a child, it had to be THEN.so we had to make a choice together. there are times now he wishes he could have served this country.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes, we are in the same situation. My husband is currently joining the militar he did and met every requierment and we are just about to sign the contract anyday, we are also in our early 30's with children and we have three girls ages 11, 3, and 5 months. Would love to chat if you like.
    cditren

Answer by cditren at 12:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Of course, just depends how fit your husband is in keeping up. 

Run Forest, Run  LOL

Anonymous

• LMAO He is very fit except for a wee beer pooch. But that should be shed rather quickly I think. Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud to serve this country and are very excited to do so. I was certian we were one of only a few people going to go serve so late in life. LOL Glad to know we are not! Have any of you been surrounded by a bunch of people who are trying to talk you out of it??? I wish people were more supportive of this choice. My manager at work bluntly told me that I was sending my husband off to his death sentence and that was pretty annoying. I would love to chat with anyone in the same boat so we can support each other in these hard times and choices. It is all going to be okay I believe strongly and a wonderful thing to do in the long run.
    MarshMeli79

Answer by MarshMeli79 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010