When did/does your doc start checking for dilation?

When did your Dr. start pelvic exams to check for dilation? I'm almost 32 weeks and I wasn't sure when they start doing this. I know it varies, but I'm trying to get a general idea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my twins, they never checked for it, but it could be because I ended up having them at 33 weeks, so we hadn't gotten to that point yet. With my youngest, I believe they started about 37 weeks....maybe 38...I can't remember exactly, but I know it was late and close to my due date.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I didnt get my first one until 38w4days but that was bc i wasnt feeling any symptoms of labor at all. since i was close and still not experiencing she wanted to check and i was barely a one. 1 week later i was a 4 still not feeling contractions lol sooo ya thats my story (o and went into hospital 3 days after that last check)
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I was checked at 36 weeks and every appointment after that until my induction at 40 weeks.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• about 35 weeks for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• you might consider asking them NOT to. it can introduce infection, and really doesn't give any useful information. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I was check 25 week but my body keep going into labor im 30 week and already 1 and 1\2cm
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 11:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• 37 weeks and every week there after.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my doctor does not check me, and wont be checking me. there is no need for it. its really useless info. the baby will come when the baby is ready. why check????
    Anonymous

• i kept going into prterm labor and having hoorible uti so with dd at 28 wks. ds was 24 wks. they were bron at 38 and 37 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My doctor never checks during pregnancy, its useless information, all it does is add stress to the mothers.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010