How many times has your child gotten a cold so far this year?

Just curious. I think my kids are doing good so far but i don't really know so i thought i'd check with you moms.
And please tell me their ages and if they are in a public/private school or homeschool.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• 0 thank God!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Well, its FeB 2nd and he's had 2 which total a whole month and he's still too sick to go to school today
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Age 6 (2)
    Age 7 (1)
    Age 11 None
    Age 13 None
    All in public school, I will keep my figers cross I don't want to jinx it...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• DS 5 - 1 but it was just a stuffy nose -public school
    DD 2- also 1 just a stuffy nose.-private daycare
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We homeschool and the only thing we've had to deal with is a cough that my youngest son had that lasted for a few weeks. (He's almost 8). He never coughed anything up, didn't have a fever, barely even a runny nose. My oldest son, who is 10, hasn't been sick at all. We've been giving them lots of Vitamin C and taking them to the chiropractor for regular adjustments.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• They've had a few (maybe 3). The older 3 are in school full times (ages 9, 8 and 7). The youngest is almost 4 and in preschool 2 days a week. They were sick at the end of October/beginning of November with colds except my son who ended up with the flu (first and only time any of the kids have ever had the flu). Then they were sick again over Christmas with slight colds. Then a couple weeks ago they were all coughing so hard I had to keep them home from school (they have rarely been sick enough to take sick days). The older kids missed 1 day each except my son who came home sick the next day because of a migraine caused by his congestion from the cold and my 3yo missed both days of school that week. The 7yo still has a slight cough and runny nose but is back to school.
    The last cold my son was the one to bring it home and his teacher said both kids that sit next to him had it, too. She had about 5 or 6 kids out then.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My son is a year old and this year he hasn't had a cold. In 2009 he had One sinus related cold, but other then that he wasn't sick at all. My daughter had one sinus cold as well in 2009 and she is three months.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My 14 year old, who attends a huge public school (about 2,500 students) and takes public transit, had (extremely mild) H1N1 in May. That is the only time that she has been sick in at least two and a half years.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2010