What's Your Biggest Pregnancy Superstition?

You've heard of some of them ...

Like trying to determine the sex of the baby by size and shape of the mom's belly or that many women don't want any gifts until AFTER the baby is born.

And there are some stranger ones like sleeping with a knife under the bed to keep evil spirits away from the unborn child; or that using glue while pregnant can result in difficult labor or never attending a funeral while pregnant.

What pregnancy superstitions do you know of, believe in, don't believe in? Did you or someone you know prove any of them right?

Cafe Cynthia

Asked by Cafe Cynthia at 11:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• none are right. and if it appears that the superstition was correct... it was by chance. coinsidence
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• IDK if its not normal but we don't tell anyone IRL til after 12 weeks. And this one is kinda strange when I was PG with DD#1 her dad would play reall really loud music with bass in the car all the time. I told him if you don't turn it down our baby will be born deaf. Well she was born hard of hearing and he still blames himself for that. I say it was just coincidence.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would not let anyone buy anything for the baby until there was an actual baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010