What are a couple good side dishes to go with Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin?

Figuring out dinner for tonight....
What do you think would be good?

Oh and...what do you think would be the best way to cook the tenderloin?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• OR
    Real Mashed Potatoes. Gravy. And Grean Beans cooked with bacon.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i love a seasoned rice and applesauce with that
    i always just read the packaging on my tenderloins for cooking temps and times
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• How about salad and dinner rolls!!! MMMMMM
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'd do the tenderloin in the crock pot. It would then be nice and moist and tender.
    Butter Noodles. Salad. And Rolls sound like a good side dish.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Hubby has been making the most wonderful thing! He stuffs garlic into the tenderloin and braises it. Then he puts it in a dutch oven ( but you could use any covered baking dish) He buys a box of Uncle Bens Long Grain and Wild Rice and dumps that in there too. Then he takes a can of apricots and puts the liquid into a measuring cup. He then adds enough water to equal what the rice box calls for, puts the lid on it and cooks it at 350 for an hour ( give or take) - until meat is cook and rice is fluffy! It's so good! The apricot goes so well with the pork!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• * You could probably make the rice just on the stovetop if you didn't want to cook it with the meat for any reason.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I dry rub tenderloin in greek seasoning then grill or broil it to get a nice crust. Turn down the heat and bake it til it's done. Let it rest 10 minutes before thin slicing.

Serve with hummus and feta on pitas. Cucumber, thin sliced red onion, black olives, grilled red pepper slices, yogurt sauce... so good.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Homemade (real) mashed potatoes. Cheesy potatoes/cheese hashbrowns. Either one of those plus...mmm...peas and maybe candied carrots, and applesauce. LOL just realized as I finished typing this is the exact meal I cooked a couple weeks ago! I cook my loins in the crock pot.
    Anonymous