what do you think about the latest finding that MMR is not related to autism

(CNN) -- The medical journal The Lancet on Tuesday retracted a controversial 1998 paper that linked the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine to autism.

The study linked autism with the MMR vaccine. The research had been discredited subsequently.

Last week, the study's lead author Dr Andrew Wakefield was found to have acted unethically in conducting the research.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope it will decrease my stress at work with parents nervous about vax their kids because of it.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Glad to see more truth revealed and hope to see more parents vaccinate from these HORRIBLE things that can kill our children.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• there will never be a 100% answer to this questions. It all comes down to correlation vs causation. They will never be able to prove causation, but I do believe in some kids there is a correlation
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I would love for this to be the last word about it, but for the past 12 years people were so SURE about that link also -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I really hope the MMR vaccine is a safe one for the good of our children.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It's not the vaccines themselves that are in question. It's the mercury that is added as a preservative to some vax (Hep B, flu) that has been found to produce autism like symptoms. Some ppl ask to have the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) separated out into 3 injections, each containing 1 component, and administered at different times.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You do know that you can request vaccines withOUT the slight trace of mercury. RIIIIIIGHT?
    Anonymous

• sisteract - because of the research showing no link the manufactureer is no longer making the vax seperate, there are doses here and there left of just one or the other, but it it not being made at all anymore
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• that has been said before and it will be said again but ti doesnt change the fact that herpies (rubella is a form of it) (and your chicken pox vax) has been PROVED to causing autism.... if they give them a live virus, it can cause it... i will still reseach and do the right thing for my kids NO MATTER WHAT THE GOV TELLS ME TO DO.... why do you have to Request a Mercury free vax? i do but everyone who doesnt know about it --- is getting the shaft --- so the drug companies can make more money off a cheaper product to them...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You do know that you can request vaccines withOUT the slight trace of mercury. RIIIIIIGHT? Make sure YOU read the vial/carpoject before the dose is given. FEW flu or HEP B vaxs are Mercury free- Most infants receive HEP B before 12 hours of age (at least in CA-it's the guideline and parental written consent is NO longer required). Personally, I've never given a mercury free Hep B injection, and I work in an NICU-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010