Carseat Question

Anyone have the First Years True Fit Convertible Carseat??

It looks good but I'd like some first hand experience. I do have a small car, a 2-door. A review said it was big but I usually dont have passengers in the front so really that wouldnt be an issue.

Also, any other suggestions would be great!

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have britax. i love it, but it is huge. and when we had to put it in my husbands 2 door saturn that actually has one of those small third doors on the drivers side it was such a pain in the butt. so you could compare their dimensions and if it is close to the same, then i'd say it is too big for your car. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• if you have a babies r us nearby they will let you take the seats out to your car to test them out
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We dont have a Babies-r-us around here. Also, what about the Graco MyRide 65. Anyone have one of those?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Graco Nautilus 3-In-1 Car Seat - Matrix

That is the one that I have. It goes from Convertible carseat and into a booster, so this will be the only carseat/booster you'll ever need to buy. It is very well made. It looks big, and is heavy, but it actually doesn't take up much room at all. We have a 1992 Ford explorer, so we have the room, but my cousin-in-law has a smaller car and it fits fine in there too. (The have the same carseat) It was 150-170 (not sure exactly how much) when we bought it, so it is on the higher end. However, like I said it is very well made. My son has never had an issue with it and always looks very comfortable in it. I'd definatley suggest it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I dont think babies r us will let you take the seats out to your car, but they do have a test seat in the store to try out the latches on. Its probably not exactly like your car but will give you an idea. I dont know much about convertible car seats yet so good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010