Has anyone ever used a OPK as a HPT????

I've been reading that you can use an OPK(ovulation test) as a HPT (Home pregnancy Test). I took a HPT 3days before my period and it was neg. Today I'm due my period and I took an OPK after reading and it is def! positive!!! I have another HPT but really don't wanna waste the money if I know that the ovulation test is a false result! Tell me your experience please!

jlee38340

Asked by jlee38340 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• From my understand an OPK only reads your LH hormone when you are ovulating. A HPT only reads hCG hormone. You can not use a OPK as a pregnancy test.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• yeah Raeann11 is right, theres a reson they are for a certain time of the month. they have fertility ones too but you cant use those as a preg test. use the stupid preg test its worth knowing isnt it???
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2010