back pain- need opinions plz.

im almost 16 weeks pregnant and im already having pretty bad back pain. ive read that chiropractic care when you are pregnant helps relieve the strain on your back and also can shorten your labor. it has been proven to be a very positive part of pregnancy. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should make sure your not having a tubal pregnancy before you look into a chiropractor.

I saw a chiropractor during my pregnancy and never had any back pain, but I'm a much bigger framed woman than most.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I can't help you with the chiropractor info, but for some relief... a heating pad! I had horrible pain in my 3rd trimester as well as back labor.... ugh. Yes - I'd ask around for info if it would benefit you & baby!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i am 22 weeks and have been having severe back pain for the past few months, tried heating pads and pain meds dr gave and nothing has worked. saw dr today and she said physical therapy to help stregthen back and posture and what not. dont know if the info will help but good luck!
    jayde08

Answer by jayde08 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2010