Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

forgot to add in deductions ($4700 ) what can i do.

the lady did not know what she was doing she said she would come back to that. Question (about deduction) but didn't .....she kept having so many problems she had to call her manager to ask questions. She said it was her first year. What can I do. About the deductions I have over 4700 in medical bills


Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • You're going to have to file an admendment. Go back and this time ask for the manager first, so that it is done right.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • where did you go? who did you file with? They should be able to amend it.

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • your gonna have to amend

    Answer by sati769leigh at 12:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • You file an amended tax return. Do it yourself. Most online programs make it incredibly simple.

    Answer by elleinad at 12:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • You can file amendments all the way up to April 15.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • I went to H&R BLOCK I will definately be doing my own taxes next year..i hope its not too complicated. thanx ladies for your quick response. :) have a wonderful day

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

  • First, go to and pull a Schedule A. See if you benefit from the deduction when you fill it out. If you do, go back to the person who screwed it up and demand they fix it, free of charge (fix it means if you already filed the return, file an amended (1040X). You could do it yourself, but it's the principal here. They screwed up, they should fix it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010