Do Assembly Of God churches teach...

That it's wrong to take herbs for healing? I have a new boyfriend and he seems unhappy with the fact that I take passionflower...a natural sleep remedy to get to sleep sometimes. I have ptsd and have been prescribed anxiety meds that I refuse to take. I just say no to drugs, prescription or otherwise, imo they do more harm than good. I'm not sure if this is where his thinking comes from...the church he belongs to, so I'm just wondering...and btw...he drinks Crown Royal at night ALONE sometimes..(??)...why has society been brainwashed to think anything the Dr. prescribed is somehow more acceptable...grrrr...ignorance! He said something about passionflower 'having a hold on my life' HUH???!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have NEVER heared anything like that! Maybe he's the kind that finds a demon under every doily. Sounds like he is a little...Nevermind. Natural herbs were put here on earth BY the Heavenly Father for our benefit! If you find them better for you than chemically altered herbs being prescribed, then more power to you. Talk to his pastor and tell him/her what you told us.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP here..lol~! I know, right~!? I'm just wondering because I know some of the churches believe herbal healing is some sort of witchcraft...I wouldn't think Assembly Of God would be one of them, but idk.......?
    Anonymous

• No, I don't believe herbal healing is witchcraft, though I believe that there are some herbs used in casting spells...You're not casting spells though! You're using what God gave us rather than what humans twisted that have all sorts of unnatural side affects! How is getting diarrhea and heart palpitations going to make you less depressed, is all I'm sayin...
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I'm a Christian, btw...been to a few AOGs-that's why I say I have never heared anything like that!
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP here...I believe God gave us everything we need to heal ourselves in the plants and flowers...but I know that some churches teach that it's wrong to use them and some form of witchcraft...puleeeeez... *eyes rolling*..just wondering if that's where he's getting it...
    Anonymous

• It could be, Ma. Every pastor holds a different view. Thing is, if your bf is that adamant against natural herbs, hisass should be against drinking too...Alcohol occurs naturally. I don't get it either. *lights a Newport*

*not really, but I'm sayin!!! LOL!*
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP here..lol...pass me a cig would'ya gf? I could use a drink too... ;)
    Anonymous

• here is a cute little fact for you. Many of those drugs you say no to are nothing but herbs :) just an FYI not all but many are and herbs used as medicine are drugs under a different name.

not saying you should stop taking them but that is the fact. Another name for the same thing. Funny a little heathen was on here saying we couldn't have it both ways yesterday. Let's see if she feels that way with this question.
    Anonymous

• I agree with watermelonNerd.. I know a few AOG's and never heard of that! If you read the bible there were natural herbs used for lots of things but many have had their use perverted. What God intended for Good... Satan loves to twist it for evil.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• No Assembly of God doesn't teach that, it's certainly not in their 'doctrine' or 'What We Believe' etc. I don't know of any denomination that teaches that natural herbs are bad.
    Anonymous