I a looking for a idea for a birthday gift for my little girl who is turning 5

She loves watching her Sister play her Nintendo DS, and I want to get her something in the way of a hand held game. I want something that can help get her ready for kindergarten. I dont mind spending a little money, but I want something that will last her, and will keep her attention. Thank you in advance:)

Momof2Girls64

Asked by Momof2Girls64 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son loves the vsmile vmotion. It has a lot of different games for different age groups.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• leapster is good - my son loved it

and if you think she is responsible enough, you could get her a ds, and get learning games for it
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My daughter loves Cool School. She has fun and while teaching her school stuff it also teaches her how to use the computer.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My 5 yr old granddaughter got a Vsmile for Christmas...lots of learning games, educational, etc. but fun too! They have tons of games available for the appropriate ages.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 2:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Leapster! She'll play with it for HOURS. Just get a few of the games my daugher loves the Ratattouile and the princesses. Also backyardigans and Dora! They have so many different games and the kids relate to the characters they "know" from tv or movies.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 2:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I agree with a Leapster. Both my 4 and 6 year old love theirs. It's very durable, they're boys and drop it often, you can find many games for it. It will grow with her for the next couple of years, too.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• get her a DS - there are many games that younger kids can play on. my middle (now 6) has been 'borrowing' mine since I got it last year
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010