1st Birthday

Everyone keeps asking me what I am planning on doing for my daughter's first birthday. Her birthday is May 27th and I have not even really thought about it.
I don't even know what theme I want to do or where I am going to do it at.
Tell me about your child(ren's) first birthday party. When did you start planning it, etc.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ha ha I started planning it when she was a few months old. I already already picked out the date I wanted to do it and we did a Winnie the Pooh theme (Wal-Mart had a lot of cute Winnie the Pooh first birthday stuff) and we ended up doing it at my house b/c we couldn't afford to do it anywhere else. I live in a small home and we had 28 people in my house! Most ever at 1 time. But, it was so much fun. Oh and we grilled out for every one too. Ha ha I've already been planning her 2nd birthday for the past few months and she is only 18 months now.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• my daughter bday was in princess cinderella theme i started plnning in jan her bday is in april and she is about to turn 3 so im already planning her 3rd bday now and it's feb lol

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY
    Anonymous

• I started planning about two months before their birthday (twins). Everyone wanted me to do a Valentines day theme, since thats when they were born, but I went with a princess theme. We had it at our house. My favorite thing about it was their cake...it almost looked like a wedding cake! It was two tier, and in between the tiers was a carousal! It was a gift from a friend of ours, and it was so cool! Not that they are going to remember it or anything! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My little man's first birthday will be April 29th. I have already started thinking of some ideas for it. Here are some of my ideas. It's probley gonna be here at the house with a few friends and family nothing to big. It's gonna be a barnyard farm animal birthday theme with pigs cows goats etc. Im gonna dress him in overalls and a red bandana like a farmer and decorate the house. I found some cute farm animal games like pin the tail on the pig etc and coloring books for the kids. If I have enough money im gonna make favor bags with farm animal stamps and stuffed animals. Im thinking of serveing like bbq sandwhiches, chips, pigs in a blanket, veges, cake, and ice cream. Ebay and Orential trading have some awesome deals on party supplies. GL with your LO birthday:)
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I couldn't even tell you when I started, but, I know I went looking for stuff and found cute plates and things that had a bear and boy toys on it and it said, "It's the big 1" . They had a bib and balloons ans everything. I had it at home with a few people and kids. cake and ice cream.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I started planning my daughters 1st about a month before . We did a cupcake theme . THere are some really cute invites on line . http://www.thefind.com/gifts/info-cupcake-birthday-invitations

Then instead of a cake I made cupcakes !!
    There are so many good ideas online and so many cute cupcake thing out there in craft and dollar stores .
    Anonymous

• Thank you all for all of your ideas. I'm such a procrastinator - lol.
    I will look online for some idea's.
    Thanks ladies.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010