2nd?

How long did you wait to have your second after your first was born? Being that the second was planed not the best accident in the world you had, but truelly planned? or when do you think you will if you only have one? I know its diffrent for everyone i was just wondering.

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We "planned" to have our third (our first two are twins) when they were 2, well start trying when they were 2 that is. Of course things didn't turn out that way, and by the time they girls were 10 months old I was pregnant again.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We got pregnant with our second one month after DD turned one. So when our son was born, DD was 20 months. I think the timing was perfect. We have DS birthday in June....me and hubby's birthdays two months later in August and two months after that is DD's birthday in October. They love each other they are great with each other, for the most part...and I wanted my first two to be somewhat close in age. Then in like 5 years, we're gunna have another =) lol
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• we didn't really discuss it. I thought it was too soon for our second...having them 20 months aoart, it was hard, but it worked out ok. I'm pregnant with our third and the second and third will be about 26 months apart, a little better spaced imo, but we'll see.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• well we were living in a 1 bedroom apartment when are first was about 6 months old so I new I didn't want another baby until we got our own place cause we slept in the living room. Once we moved into where we are at now my DD was 18 months we started trying as soon as everything was unpacked lol it took us 2 months she was born 1-11-2008 my oldest is 4-29-2005 so they are almost 3 years apart. We are wanting to have another baby thinking about trying this summer my youngest just turned 2. With baby number 2 I found out I was pregnant 3 days after her 2nd birthday
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We started trying when our first daughter was 7 months old and it happened right away. They are 15 months apart. It's hard some days, but I wouldn't change it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We planned to let nature space then since I was nursing and they are 25 months apart.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My ideal is to have my 2nd baby when my DD is about 3 or 3 1/2. I think this will enable me to devote a lot of attention to my DD and get her to that stage of a bit more independence, and then I will be able to devote the time to a newborn without totally coming up short for meeting my current DD's needs. At 3 I hope she will be able to be excited about helping mommy with her new sibling, and at least somewhat able to understand that she is not being replaced and that she is still so special.

Like I said, that is my ideal, but we'll see how it all works out! LOL. My sister and I are 3 1/2 years apart and it has worked out really well.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• we did not plan any. my kids are 6, 4, 2, 2 and one on the way! each one was a surprise!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• We didn't plan our first or our second and they are four years apart. Our daughter turned five in November and our son turns one on Feb 16. And I believe the age difference is PERFECT. Our 5 year old is in Pre-K (grant it for only 2.5 hrs a day) and she is a HUGE help since I can trust her to be alone with him in his room playing without having something happen (It also helps that we have all hard wood floors and I can hear every sound that is made in his room). Also since she is a little older, she can entertain herself quietly while her brother naps on my lap so as not to wake him up.
    MilMom04

Answer by MilMom04 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2010